The Dutch Gallery opened in London as a branch of the Van Wisselingh firm of art dealers in Amsterdam [http://www.wisselingh.com/historie]. They specialized in the work of the Barbizon and Hague school painters, but also exhibited the work of contemporary British artists, including William Rothenstein, Charles Conder and Walter Sickert.
Address: 14 Brook-street, Hanover Sq. [location in google maps]
Start Date: 1894
End Date: 1904
14 Grafton Street (1905)
E. J. Van Wisselingh’s Gallery
Dealer: E. J. Van Wisselingh
Pictures by French and Dutch Masters (1894) [NAL]
Paintings and Drawings by Walter Sickert and Bernhard Sickert (1895) [NAL]
First Exhibition of Original Wood Engraving (1898) [NAL]
First Exhibition of the Society of Medalists [1900?] [NAL]
Drawings and etchings by Alphonse Legros (1903) [NAL]
A selection of “Punch” drawings by the late Charles Keene (1903) [NAL]
Paintings by Charles Conder (1903) [NAL]
For more exhibitions, see: “Exhibitions associated with: Dutch Gallery”
Exhibition Culture in London 1878-1908, University of Glasgow
Exhibition catalogues: National Art Library, London
Fletcher, Pamela and Anne Helmreich. “Selected galleries, dealers and exhibition spaces in London, 1850-1939.” In The Rise of the Modern Art Market in London, 1850-1939. Eds. Pamela Fletcher and Anne Helmreich. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2011. 300-301.
Unless otherwise noted, the documentation of a gallery’s start and end dates at a location is drawn from listings in The Year’s Art.