From The Critical Edition of Sutton E. Griggs
Welcome to the wiki about Sutton E. Griggs and his fiction, non-fiction, and criticism.
Below you will find links to lists of Griggs's fiction, non-fiction and criticism. We are in the process of adding documents to makes these more accessible and invite members of the board to make additions.
* Editors' Introduction
* Fiction by Sutton E. Griggs
* Non-Fiction by Sutton E. Griggs
* Vocal Recordings by Sutton E. Griggs
Call for Papers
- This collection of Critical Essays on the Work of Sutton E. Griggs aims to address Griggs’s literary and political thought in the study of African-American intellectual and cultural history. During recent decades, Griggs has attracted growing interest among scholars of African American literature, prompted in part by the publication of Finnie Coleman’s 2006 book – Sutton E. Griggs and The Struggle Against White Supremacy – which has called our attention to the importance of Griggs’s work to African Americanist social and political thought. Building on this new work, we aim to articulate a comprehensive and systematic reevaluation of Griggs’s political and cultural significance to African American literary and intellectual history.
- We imagine this collection of essays to provide readers of Griggs’s fiction and non-fiction, and African Americanists generally, with the tools for literary historical interpretation and literary critical appreciation. Essays should be between 20-25 pages in length and submitted in MLA format. If you are interested in participating in the collection, please submit a 500-word abstract of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15. Completed essays are due by September 30, 2010.